Vegan Cookie Recipes: have been adapted to contain no animal products or by-products, making them perfect for those who opt for a vegan diet. You walk into your grandma’s house and are hit by a blast of sweet, sugary goodness as you pass through the doorway. In the kitchen, grandma is baking away, making her famous chocolate chip cookies. On the counter sits butter, milk, and milk chocolate chips, all ready to go into her fabulous recipe.
Of course, these cookies are not vegan. That does not make them any less delicious but when you are taking a vegan approach to life, you have to make choices to support your dietary journey. Fortunately for you, there are tons of vegan cookie recipes that are just as delicious, if not even better than grandma’s classic recipe!
Cookies are a perfect travel snack or on the go treat for adults and kids alike. The hand-sized treats are great for parties, events, or just an evening at home and have long been a bonding agent of epic proportions for friends and families to bake together. Here are two classic cookies with a plant-based twist thanks to our curated vegan cookie recipes!
The Vegan Cookie Recipes
These vegan cookie recipes have been adapted to contain no animal products or by-products, making them perfect for those who opt for a vegan diet. They are also designed to be easily customized to suit a wide variety of preferences so feel free to get creative with the mix-ins and toppings! The delicious options are endless!
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup olive or coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond or soy milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 oz semi-sweet baking chips or other chocolate of your choice
- 2 oz dark chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the sugar, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil in a bowl
- Add the almond milk and flour and blend until a dough forms
- Mix in the chocolate until well combined
- Chill the dough for around an hour
- Scoop dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet with room for the cookies to expand as they bake accounted for in the spacing
- Bake for ten to fifteen minutes or until the cookies begin to brown on the bottom
- Let cool and remove from the baking sheet
Note: These are also delicious with vegan caramel chips or vegan butterscotch pieces. Peppermint chips make for a great holiday treat, too!
2. Peanut Butter Cookies
Another classic, peanut butter cookies are a delicious, not too sweet treat that are perfect with a glass of milk alternative. They can be easily customized with chocolate chips, crushed nuts, and other mix-ins, making these a great party treat. They are also perfect for kids to help make since the recipe is simple and easy to follow!
- 1 cup of peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup almond milk or soy milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
How to Make Peanut butter cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine peanut butter and sugar until creamy in a bowl
- Add in milk alternative, flour, and baking soda and mix until a dough forms. This may take a bit of time since the dough will be sticky until the flour is fully mixed
- Let chill for at least one hour
- Scoop onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and press with a fork into cross-hatch patterns to help even baking
- Bake for around ten to fifteen minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom
- Remove from oven and let cool